• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

brands of powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djnye

40 Cal.
Reaction score
been shooting goex fffg. went to the local gander mountain and all they had was elephant fffg. how do the different brands compare?

daniel

I've had poor experience with Elephant...delayed ignition and terrible fouling...read many posts from others where the lot-to-lot variance in quality make buying it a manure shoot (no pun itended).
Switched to Goex FFFg and it's perfect...fast, clean and relatively inexpensive...been with it ever since;
You can order it by the can(s) from Graf & Sons in Missouri, or get an outstanding case price from Goex Master Distributor J&J Pyrotechnics in PA, delivered to your door for about $8.80/lb.

I just joined this forum and regret a delay in commenting on powder. I've tried GOEX, KIK, Elephant, Swiss, Chinese, and Schuetzen (Wano import). I would never waste anymore money on KIK or the Chinese stuff. The best I have found is the Swiss powder but it is very expensive. GOEX is fine but about $10+ a pound (here in CO). Schuetzen is a very good powder but again about $10 a pound. I get excellent results with Elephant and get it delivered for $7.50 a pound from Redmond powder in Illinois. I've been using Elephant for about 10 years now and no complaints. We just ordered some powder from Graf & Sons in Missouri that is from Wano but with Graf & Sons label. I'll post test results on it when I get a chance to run some test.

BBreath

Back