• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Desparate For A Book!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crossfox

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hallooo The Camp!

I am trying to find a copy of Mark Baker's SONS OF A TRACKLESS FOREST, so far I've drawn a blank. Been looking for about 6 months now and nary a track to be found. I know I shouldn't have waited this long in trying to get a copy, but......

If any of you know where a copy of this tome can be procurred I would greatly appreciate a note sent my way.

You all have a good spring and great summer!

Try this out...

Sons of a Trackless Forest" is a 6 1/4" x 9 1/4", 992 page, 8 chapter work that includes a foreword by artist David Wright (who also created the cover illustration), a preface, an introduction, 10 appendices including original document transcripts, interesting end notes, and an index. There are 159 illustrations including 18th century maps, 19th century letters and illustrations, and various items from the Morgan collection. This extensively researched tale of the Cumberland long hunters is an impressive work on an integral element of the colonial era; those "sons of a trackless forest" who are deeply ingrained in the American psyche.

To order, send a check or money order to:

Baker's Trace Publishing

P.O. BOX 681672

Franklin, TN 37068-1672

The book costs $54.00 plus $6.00 S&H, for a total of $60.00

X Fox, if by chance the book is out of print post again before Memorial day and I will look around on traders row at a nearby event, most folks around here wear dead animals on their heads, and go "Waugh" a lot, so one of Marks book may be lying around somewhere gathering dust in a vendors trunk.

Hiya tg!

I would sure appreciate it if you would check around at that Memorial Day event for the book. I have tried to contact Mark, but his e-mail addy has been changed and my letter to Baker's Trace Publishing came back as undeliverable. I have also posted on other forums looking for the book, but no joy.

Miss seeing your posts on the other forum, you know the one. The "bugs" seem to be worked out of the new format.

Hope spring has sprung in Oregon country. We are still in the middle of meltdown here for at least another 3-4 weeks. I hope to be going to a Mem. Day shoot at Hick's Creek, up here, but it depends yet on finding someone to feed my sleddogs.

Thank's!

I will keep my eyes open for a copy of that book for you... I do not find the new format on the other forum to be an improvement, I could scroll and post three messages even with the slow posting of the old one faster than I can jump around trying to follow all the topics on the new one, I believe they could leave out one of the "B's" on the BBS format, I have seen it before and have no time for it, I will let you know if I find a copy of the book....TG

Crossfox, I'm afraid you're probably out of luck. "Son's" has been out of print for some time. You'll have to talk to me really, really nice to borrow my copy. Send me an "E" or look me up at Hick's Creek and we'll discuss it.

Swanny

Crossfox, try the Log Cabin Shop in Lodi, Ohio. They list it in their catalog, they might still have a copy. Phone # 330-948-1082 or www.logcabinshop.com. Good Luck and Good Reading.

Back