• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Love

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
What was your "FIRST" muzzleloader?

Mine was a .54 caliber T/C Renegade flintlock back in the fall of 1980.

I also shot the Ruger Old Army Revolver back in those days...

My, how I've grown...
rolleyes.gif

mY FIRST WAS A T/C .54 HAWKEN IN 1978. MY DAD HELPED ME PUT IT TOGETHER.

My first was a T/C 50cal. Hawken kit. How many of us got started with the T/C's? Now it is not authentic as I think it should be.
My first love is my Northwest Trade Gun. No rifleing, no choke, no rear sight and it's a flinter. OH what more could a man ask for, and the fact that it is one of "Curly's" is almost to much.

My first rifle is a .45 flintlock,that my dad and I built from parts that we picked up in Friendship in 1969.I remember we paid about $30.00 for a super piece of tight curly maple,I bought a lock from Russ Hamm for about $40.00,bought German silver castings,Douglass bbl., and sheet stock from Turner Kirkland .I have less than $150.00 in this rifle,but you couldn't buy it for $10,000.00. I helped my dad build this gun,he did most of the work on the blank as far as shaping,I did the carving,made my first set trigger. My dad and I spent many a night working on this project after I got home from school.I actualy took this rifle to school shop class for show and tell after we got done with it,my,haven't things changed a little!

Latest posts

Back