• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Live and Learn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpro3656

32 Cal
Reaction score
After being out of the muzzleloader game for a while, some relatives got me back into it last year. As everyone here knows you just can't have one. So as it goes, I began buying muzzleloaders from all sources; online auctions, private sales, local want ads etc. After some research I found that New Jersey was a no go buying state unless you wanted to go through an FFL which increased the cost of the "bargain". So my latest bargain came from the great state of Illinois. Didn't know at the time of my bid, with no information on the auction site or on the item description with regards to the FFL requirements, I win the bid. 2 1/2 weeks after paying, and no shipping confirmation, I contact the auctioneer who informs me a FFL is required. So when it's all said and done the associated costs will be more than the price of the muzzleloader. Live and Learn

How much is your transfer fee from the FFL ? Around here it runs $15 to $25 at most shops for "regular" firearms.

When it comes to BP ML, FFL transfer requirements are by state. Researching that before bidding would be a good idea. Perhaps in this case the seller was new at the game. Most of the time auction details will state whether an FFL is required or not. Yet...."associated costs will be more than the price of the muzzleloader"?? Maybe $50 for shipping and tax and $30 for transfer? What is it you bought?

Back