• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Center Bought from S&W

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, I certainly can see where you coming from so let take the other tack.
I can/have taken my TC Hawken flint thru many hunts, woodwalks, things like that. It banged into trees, used to push aside vines and brush, stuff like that. And they hold up very well, resist scuffing, dents, and still maintain reasonable accuracy even with abuse.
I would never consider putting a Chambers, Kibler, Miller, or other artisan rifle thru the rigors that my TC has been thru.
So in summary, a TC can go where others fear to tread.
Well said.

All of my ML's are hunting tools. I do not deliberately abuse them but rest assured, they have plenty of battle scares on them and will most certainly be getting more. I wouldn't dare put an expensive, period correct ML through what I have put my TC's though, as well as my other not exactly period correct ML's. Period correct doesn't kill game any better than what the others can. TC's, my Lyman GPR, and even my Traditions Crockett squirrel rifle are plenty period correct for this ole boy. Being a die hard hunter first, pretty and period correct does nothing for me. In fact, I'm still not sold on a flintlock, in terms of hunting. My cap locks are easy, fast, very reliable and require very little maintenance.

Last edited:
You know what i always wishedsomeone would make. Replacement parts for the TC Hawken to replace all the brass parts with pewter. Or black steel. Something to tone it down.
Here you go CaptainVane. I did this one many years ago for my BIL. I forgot where I got the parts but he won the stock at a DU dinner. I did make the front sight and replaced the rear sight with a traditional one. I had to fill in a dovetail on the barrel too.
MaxTCright.JPG
MaxTCleftJPG.JPG

Back