• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD 1732 John Baskett Bible

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conquerordie

40 Cal
Reaction score
I have an original Baskett Bible printed in 1732 for sale. I purchased this decades ago from a antique store in the Mohawk Valley of NY.
Obviously missing the front cover and straps that would have held it closed but it's seems like very few if any pages are missing. Contains birth and death rights, baptism, prayers, burial at sea, then New and Old Testaments, and Book of Psalms, and lots more. Book measure 6"x4.5"x3" thick. Very portable. If this bible could talk!
I can try to take more pictures if anyone need them. I use to use it when I reenacted in a display of items about soldiers of the Revolution, and if course religion was a driving force in the 18th century. People always listen to what you have to say when they can hold an item like this bible, it drives the point home and makes it real. It's tangible. I no longer reenact and would like this to go to a good home for someone who wants to read, restore, or use it as I did, and education piece.

Asking$300

20220222_112555.jpg
20220222_112526.jpg
20220222_112702.jpg
20220222_112505.jpg

Oh I've read a good chunk of it. It's literally stepping back in time with each page turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back