• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

181 days til squirrel season..New rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJC

40 Cal.
Reaction score
What can I say.
I'm counting the days.
Still have lots of other toys to get together but here are a few pictures of the biggest piece of the puzzle.
Brian Turner put this together
40 Cal
38" barrel
13/16th across the flats.
It is suprising very light.
It will be a joy to have as company in the woods.

016.JPG

019.JPG

Only 125 for me! :blah: :haha:

Nice rifle ya got there! :thumbsup:

I just got my new squirrel gun too. It's a 42" .36 put together by Roy Stroh. If ya can't wait the whole 181 days, come on by the first Thursday or Sunday in August. :grin:

Jethro 224, Illinois is a hell of a drive to go squirrel hunting. But ya never know. Thanks for the invite.

Rocky. I only received it this week. I am heading south for vacation tomorrow. It will have to wait until some nice weather in April for a visit to the range.

Pat J Cameron

This rifle will go to the woods.
And yes that first scratch will hurt a little bit.
PJC

Nice looking rifle. I'm hoping my .25 caliber flintlock will be ready for the August 1st opening of the squirrel season here in Southern Illinois. I found a .235 mould and should get a lot of roundballs out of a pound of lead. I may also purchase some .240 number 4 buckshot since these are reported to work well in the .25 caliber. Anybody else out there with a .25 caliber?
Tom

PJC,that is an awesome rifle. :thumbsup: Now there are other things to hunt 'till squirrel season you know ? Groundhogs,coyotes,paper targets maybe. :rotf:

I happen to live in an area that has a good groundhog population and I figure I might have to take a grass grizz to break in the rifle.

25 Caliber. Now that will be something. Gotta wonder about a ramrod with that small a diamiter.
Should be just the ticket for squirrels.

PJC

Back