• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1840's Bowie and sheath

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A CactusRose 1840's Bowie....
cr15-001.jpg

cr15-002.jpg

cr15-003.jpg

Gib hand forged this blade of 5160 a little differently - while it sports his rustic forge finish it also has a hollow ground edge - it measures 9 7/8" long. He file worked the wrought iron guard and butt cap to match the "grooves" in the A grade Sambar Stag stick grip. Once in my hands I added the spine file work and the age etching.

The Mexican Loop style sheath is made of oak tan with a buffalo rawhide "repair" covering the blade section, which is held on with edge beading and brass tacks. The two cross straps are decorated with beadwork. Tin cone tinklers with buffalo hair tassels are hung from the upper strap with copper and glass bead fringes. The final decoration is a small claw hanging off the lower strap.

Thanks for looking - Gib, Chuck, & Linda......aka CactusRose....

Now...that is one nice knife!!! Matter of fact I think it is the best I've seen.

Back