• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1858 Remington

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jumbeaux

32 Cal.
Reaction score
It is my understanding that Cimarron sells Uberti revolvers that are checked and tuned up. Their website lists a 5 1/2" barrel Army but the Uberti website does not. Are the Cimarron Remingtons manufactured by Uberti ? Is the 5 1/2" barrel a special order.....

rick

Uberti makes them to Cimarron spec. When i got my 3&1/2" Lightning from them, i don't believe they were available from Uberti, but they are in the catalog these days.

steve
PS, Pietta makes a 5&1/2" '58

I bought one a couple of years ago. Remington by Uberti with a 5 1/2" barrel with the Cimarron upscale. Great little gun. I use it for Civ war reenacting and also for home defense(I put a .45 colt conversion cylinder in it), when I am not using it for Real BP shooting. I have both a western and military style holsters for it.

In my experience with Cimmaron I believe the outside finish and markings are to Cimmarons specs. They look good. But the internals are stock Uberti. I had to always take them apart before I used them to get the iron fileings out and knock off the sharp edges. Any Italian percussion pistols are a crapshoot as far as quality goes. But what else is there to do if you want or need one?

Scott

Latest posts

Back