• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1860 Queston

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronMan

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a pair of 1860 Repro's my Dad gave me. He got them back in the early "70's" The only marking on them is on the top of the barrels "Centennial Trade Mark" "1960 New Model Army". On the left side of the barrel,just in front of the forceing cone, "Cal. 44". On the bottom of the grips "Made in Belgium" One is serial #3800 the is #4491. Anyone know who these are made by?

IronMan

On the bottom of the grips "Made in Belgium" One is serial #3800 the is #4491. Anyone know who these are made by?

Belgians?

Seriously: Centennial Arms Corp., 3318 West Devon, Chicago, IL 60645

Their 1860 was made by Centaure in Belgium during the 1950's and 1960's. Centaure also produced the original 1860 Army under license by Colt (according to George Nonte, Jr.).

I think their "reproductions" are considered among the best.

Sometime in the 70's, I think, Centennial started using other manufacturers, so yours may or may not be Centaure production.

Thanks StumpKiller
I dont know when these were made. Now that I think about it Dad got these in the late "60's". He was a cross-country truck driver and aquired them on the road somewhere. Do you know of anyway I could find out who they were made by?

Thanks for the info
IronMan

Thanks StumpKiller
I found out more info from Dad. My uncle bought the pistols new in 1960. He then sold them to dad in 1961 and dad has had them ever since until he gave them to me last year for Christmas.

Thanks for the help
IronMan

Back