• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD 1863 ZOUAVE CARBINE

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tom berwinkle

40 Cal
Reaction score
An oldie zouave carbine; just like the full size one, Im told by an old gentleman in our M L club that he remembers when Navy Arms co. had them in the 60s. I Have been shooting muzzleloaders since 1970 and the only time I ever saw one was at a national match NSSA.One showed up at the carbine events back in the 80s. Very good condition,wood is good.metal has no rust bore looks to be o,k. overall length is 38 inches. barrel length is 22 inches. I never got around to shooting it.won it on auction arms .com 7 years ago. It's been in my gun safe since then the only flaw is the ram rod has a lot of pitting, I think a sutler could get you a replacement or Bill Osborne at Lodge Wood mfg, co. he makes all the parts for civil war muskets, or he can tell you where to go. Judging from the high prices that Zouaves are going I don't think i'm asking to much 350.00 plus shipping and ins.
020.JPG

Attachments

• 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 147
These have never been legal for N-SSA competition and never will. Nothing like this was made during the War of Northern Aggression. Val created this fantasy gun to increase sales and hunters snatched them up. They shot awesome and have great knock down power. Good shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back