• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1st bird of the season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayDee Flohr

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Our turkey season opened yesterday and I was able to get out in the afternoon. A storm front was moving in and the thunder had the toms gobbling non stop. I was tucked up in a dead fall next to an alfalfa field when six birds came past. I decided to put one in the freezer. I've only had this old 16 since last Oct. but it's put down three turkeys so far.
I don't know any past history of the gun but am building some of my own.

toma-Copy.jpg

100_3163-Copy.jpg

Great job. Nice sized bird. You really should smile for pictures, especially when you have such a fine bird for your efforts.

As you have found, there is nothing wrong with a 16 gauge gun. It will do anything a 20 gauge will do, and then some.

Good Hunting. :hatsoff:

I thought I was smiling until I got home and reviewed the pics. :grin: Then it was too late. As you can see from the glare off my head, I was facing directly into the sun.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. :grin:

I like your whole image. You could be a twin to Del Qu, the character in Jeremiah Johnson( the movie). :thumbsup:

Nice bird, & nice gun! I also have the same problem with glare on my head....I just picked up a cva 12 ga double, our season starts in 2 weeks and I hope to duplicate your sucess!

Congrats! :hatsoff:

longfowler said:
I also have the same problem with glare on my head....
Me too! :grin:

Our season starts this Friday, but I probably won't get out until Saturday. :( Work always gets in the way of "important" things! :haha:

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. :thumbsup:
I wasn't real happy with the frown in the photo so thanks to a good friend and the magic of photoshop, here's the new pic.

photoshopgrin-Copy.jpg

Latest posts

Back