• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1st Buck w/my new "Early Lancaster" .50 Cal Flinter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbiggers

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Guess i better post here, i've posted everywhere else so far. :rotf: Here's what i got this past weekend with my new .50 cal Mike Woodbury custom made "Early Lancaster" flintlock longrifle. Fella's i had this rifle loaded nearly 2 weeks and when this buck was heading in my direction, i nailed him dead on behind the right shoulder from 73 yards away and there was absolutely no hangfire at all. This is the sweetest rifle i've ever owned. Please take note of the huge gaping hole that patched roundball left in him. :shocked2: Anyway's here's a couple of pic's, he's no monster, but he's my first buck with my new rifle and that makes him a pretty big trophy in my book. :thumbsup:

Danny :hatsoff:

HPIM0728.jpg

HPIM0731.jpg

Very nice deer and a fine gun, you will have many enjoyable days together down the pike.

Congratulations!

Any meat taken with a traditional muzzleloader is a trophy.

:hatsoff:

HD

Way to go! Nice shot and a beautiful rifle as well. Congratulations.
Idaho PRB

Very nice indeed! Both rifle and buck are 2 trophies. Massachusett's black powder starts Dec.15th, and I have two buck tags left. Hope I get lucky too. Congrats again. :thumbsup:

Back