• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1st Flintlock Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hunted from Thanksgiving afternoon thru Monday morning. Passed up a larger spike and saw a number of does. Monday morning around 8 o'clock, this 3-point walked straight towards my stand, and at between 25 and 30 yards I touched off 85 grains of 2f. The ball struck the front shoulder passing thru the deer and bulged the hide further back on the opposite side. He ran about 75 yards and dropped. Love hunting with the .54 Sells rifle! Check back - photo posted soon.

congratulations! (now go aggravate all the women in your workplace by swapping recipies with the guys)

:)

Here's the picture
deer2_opt.jpg

Very nice Dixie' !!! I would like to see a better picture of your rifle by the way....it's a looker. I am particularly interested in the stock/patchbox! Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Very nice Dixie
I too would like to see better pics of rifle and maybe who built it and rough price. Looking to have rifle built yours looks like what i might be after

My brother took the photo with his cell phone camera. I'll try and get photos taken with a better camera this week and post. Roger Sells of Monterrey, TN built the rifle and he simply does an awesome job.

Oooh. Were the first words out of my mouth. Nice deer and an outstanding looking rifle!

Back