• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1St kill with smoothbore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flintlock1964

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I did it :applause: Last night I took my first deer with a flintlock smootbore. I used my 62cal tulle for a 20 yard shot. He wasn't a big buck,but on a rainy, windy and cold Indiana night it was a deer and at that point it is what matter. Plus my wife wanted more meat. So I let the big boys walk :rotf: so that I could take this one so she would not say " Boy this really taste like a big buck :nono: :" Man it fells good to take on and just see smoke in front of your face, and not see the deer down until it blows away. Oh what a great season!!!

Congrats on your shot! What load combination where you using? Did that deer run at all?

--Go Boilers!

That's just outstanding and I can feel your excitement right through the Internet...congratulations!
:hatsoff:

He dropped on the spot. At first I didn't see him because I was watching for him to run, and then I saw him in the brush about 20 yards from me. I shot 80gr. of powder. Noithing like the smell of black powder in the woods. Now it is time to put the smoothbore part to use and see if I can get a bushytail or two.
Thanks Guys.

flintlock1964 said:
Man it fells good to take on and just see smoke in front of your face, and not see the deer down until it blows away. Oh what a great season!!!

You got that right. The three longest seconds in firearm hunting. Between the "Pow" and seeing that bit of white where the deer was standing at the shot.

Ahaaaaaaaaa! :thumbsup:

Back