• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2009 buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought I would share a pic of this years buck.
Patterned this buck for a couple days to determine his afternoon routine along the creek-bottom. I settled into some squirrel shavings next to a big white fir and waited. With about 5-10 minutes of shooting light left, saw him slinking through the bottoms. He offered a 50yd shot and I took it. Used my 54cal TC renegade with an Orion barrel.
HPIM0539.jpg

Congrats!! Sweet pic. Hopefully next season for me when I get home from Afghanistan in April.
You got yourself some fine eat`n yes Sir!!

HPIM0539.jpg
[/quote]

Congratulations-Nice shot-Nice buck. I love the snow-could you send some our way?

Could your share your load data with the rest? inquiring minds need to know!

How do you like the Orion barrel?

Thanks in advance...Dan

Thanks for the kind words guys. It's always sweeter when things work out as hoped.
I bought the barrel from Orion out of Kalispell, Mt about 25 years ago. Bought two, one for my son and one for me,36" with 33 twist. The guy is out of business now.
Jamie: Just get home safe.
Yep, RC all by my lonesome. :grin:
Smoke: You can have all the snow you want. We generally get 160-200" a year.
I like to keep things simple, like me. Use the same load for everything; 105gr Pyro Select pushing a 430gr TC maxi-ball. Put a little Swiss under the nipple to warm things up.
Thanks again and Good Hunting, lh

:thumbsup: Way to go. I missed the snow this year. It was nice hunting in warm weather for a change, but it didn't seem quite right. Our general season just ended yesterday, and they say we have 6" of snow on it's way tonight.

Just figures, doesn't seem right without snow. Had to take the snowmobile over the mountain yesterday. Our season ends tomorrow but have a week of archery in Dec. Good hunting, lh

Latest posts

Back