• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2010 Spring Turkey Season...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Opens here in North Carolina Saturday the 10th...light enough to see at 6:15am where I'll be waiting...good luck to anyone else going after them with a smokepole
:thumbsup:

I'll be a little east of Edenton. It's a small piece and pretty thick woods where I've got permission, but I've seen quite a bit of sign there.

I'm a little leery of hunting gamelands during turkey season so I just hunt private land, however, I only have a tiny 2 acre green clearing next to some posted property on one side of a road, and a 4 acre patch of hardwoods on the other side...have been to the area 3-4 times and haven't seen a turkey yet this year, although I did see one set of tracks in the mud last week.
I'd like to tag one but it almost doesn't matter if I don't...haven't been in the woods since November 7th so just getting back into the groove of things will be a nice change of pace....good luck...

Well, no love for me this AM. I worked a single gobbler for about an hour but he was not interested enough to leave his harem behind. It was a beautiful morning though. Almost perfect.

Score: Fat Freddy and his funky fowler-0
Turkeys-1.

I've pulled a couple of ticks off of the dogs. Saw one skeeter this morning. Not too bad yet. :thumbsup:

Wish I could have gotten out yesterday. My wife and I closed on a house with 10.5 acres on Friday. So I spent my day yesteray moving and today getting the pasture ready for the horses. We're going to ge them tomorrow. I hope to get out sometime next week. Good luck to you boys.

Back