• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2nd ML and BP drivehunt!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany,

At 3rd of November me and a few buddies will start the 2nd drive hunt with ML and BP rifles and shotguns here in southern Bavaria. I couldn't convince all he hunters to use ML, but I think a BP gun is also a good start. By the way the number of ML interested hunters is slowly rising here.

Regards

Kirrmeister

I wish you well on your driven hunt. That day is also the opening day of muzzleloader season in the state of Rhode Island. If I am not mistaken, isn't that also the feast day of St.Hubert?

I think so. But I don't give so much on this feast day. The procedure and "tradition" most of our german hunters are practicing I don't like, because it belongs to the era of the Reichsjägermeister Göring, so a bit to brown for me.Sorry!

Regards

Kirrmeister

I never realized the connection. My father's old friend was stationed in Berlin in the late 1960's and went through the process of getting his jaegerbrief. He attended a shooting contest in which Frau Breneke decorated him and then was invited on a driven hunt. He told us about the ceremony around the hunt. I figured that was more tradition prior to that historical era.

The german hunting tradition is a mixture, but most of the rules were summed up by Göring, then mixed own ideas and then we got the "deutsche Waidgerechtigkeit" means german rules for hunting.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Kirrmeister,

First of all thank you for your kind invitation. :hatsoff:

I will be a member of the hunting team, that participate the 2nd BP drive hunt in Bavaria.
About rifles: I will carry a .54 Hatfield flintlock rifle made by Pedersoli. A friend of mine -and our gunsmith- (Gabor) will hunt with his .54 Tryon or his .54 Hatfield flintlock. Third member of our team (Zsolt) will carry his good ol' .50 caliber Kentucky Alamo by Pedersoli. Peter said his .58 Hawken kill its both end, because maybe he will hunt with his Mauser BP cartridge rifle.
We are all passionate hunters - sport shooters, and we can't wait for this hunt!
We will arrive 30th of october.

See you in Bavaria,

Tamas Ligeti

Ps.: Do you like red wine from Villány? :wink:

springer said:
Kirrmeister,

First of all thank you for your kind invitation. :hatsoff:

I will be a member of the hunting team, that participate the 2nd BP drive hunt in Bavaria.
About rifles: I will carry a .54 Hatfield flintlock rifle made by Pedersoli. A friend of mine -and our gunsmith- (Gabor) will hunt with his .54 Tryon or his .54 Hatfield flintlock. Third member of our team (Zsolt) will carry his good ol' .50 caliber Kentucky Alamo by Pedersoli. Peter said his .58 Hawken kill its both end, because maybe he will hunt with his Mauser BP cartridge rifle.
We are all passionate hunters - sport shooters, and we can't wait for this hunt!
We will arrive 30th of october.

See you in Bavaria,

Tamas Ligeti

Ps.: Do you like red wine from Villány? :wink:

Hello Mr. Ligeti,

first of all I like red wine from Villany. I'm looking forward to your visit. After your arriving in Bavaria I'll show you the hunting area and then we will do some single hunting in the morning at roedeer at baits (corn, apples). Then on saturday, 3rd of nov. we'll make a hunt in the morning out of seats (ground and trees) and at about 9 a.m. the stay in their seats and the drivers together with the dogs go through the thickings trying to drive the roes out.

I enjoy it very much that all of you, except Peter will use ML. Great. I'll use my deerhunter, another german college has his Ardesa Shenandoah rifle with him, and we have a rolling block user with bp cartridges. All about we'll be 9 hunters.

The invitation is in the mail.

Regards

Kirrmeister (Dirk)

I hope all 9 hunters will be well after the hunt. :grin:
I heard crazy things can happen in the deep bavarian woods.With all the smoke.....

Waidmanns Heil
:hatsoff:

This is very interesting. I too would like to see the photos of this European style hunt. Best of luck to you gentleman and your hunt! :thumbsup:

Hello Dirk,

It sounds great! I will carry my digital camera of course, and will take a lot of photos about our hunt.
We plan to write articles about our experiences to popularize ML hunting in our country.
I have been see your Deerhunter. What is yor hunting load for that?

Waidmannsheil,

Tamas

Hi springer,

I'll make pics, too, because in the SPI-journal, a quarter magazine for bp-shooters they want post an article about this first bp and ml hunt in GE.

For my Traditions/Ardesa Deerhunter cal. 50 I use 90 grs WANO PP, .490 PRB, 0,20 mm lubed patch and a spittled over powder wad. With this load I killed 2 roebucks this year. I hope some roedoes and fawns will follow at our drive hunt.
You and the other guys from Hungary have the chance to take some ML roes before the drive hunt when hunting at the bait from seats.

Looking forward to your arrieval.

Regards

Dirk

Hi Kirrmeister !
First of all, many thanks for your invitation !
I am another member of hungarian hunting team.
My friend Springer already told you all important information from our guns. I'll carry my 1874 Sharps too with BP loaded .45-70 ammunition of course. I got a message from our friend,(Zsolt) he can't come with us. :((
Best wishes,

Vgaby

Back