• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2nd Traditional Muzzleloading deer of the season..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Another one bites the dust! Got a nice little doe tonight for my neighbor. Could have stayed up in the stand and hunted more but I was unfamiliar with the land across the street from house as it was the first time I hunted there, so I wanted to recover the doe first and then maybe hunt some more but I decided to call it a day and glad I did. :)

I was just up in my Summit climbing tree stand Sgt. Ryan got me for helping him and today is his birthday and I just had to get a deer today for two close friends. Mission accomplished.

I was up there thinking to myself I need to oil the ball bearings in my neck from swiveling it back and forth with such a wide area to cover. I was also wondering how many deer slip by me without them making a sound. This one almost did but I caught its movement between the trees. I found a small opening to fire through, rested my rifle, cocked the hammer back, set the hair trigger and waited for her to walk into my sights. Sure enough she did as soon as I saw neck I touched off the trigger. After the smoke cleared I heard the crash and knew she was down.

I had my stand set only about 8 feet off the ground on a tree backed up to a tall cedar and covered with brush and a thorn bush with those little red berries they like to eat. Made good cover for any of my movements. Great spot, only down side if you can call it that was listening to the stream all day. It covered up just about any noise a deer might make and made me want to go to the bathroom for about 5 hours. :shocked2: I did get to hear many squirrels though so it couldn't have been that loud. Only 4 more days of hunting left, I just can't stand it!! After this snow storm its gonna be awesome!!!

Enjoy guys, most recent ones are at the top of the page[url] http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a295/medbill/Hunting/[/url]

Billy
Help USMC Scout Sniper Sgt. Eddie Ryan on his road to recovery...[url] www.helpeddieryan.com[/url]
[url] www.redwhiteandblueoutdoors.com[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back