• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2nd whitetail with a flintlock!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I took my second whitetail with my flintlock at 9:30 this morning. It was 11 degrees and sub zero wind chills here in Indiana. She gave me a 40-45 yard broadside shot and my roundball hit the heart then traveled upward between the offside hide and ribcage nearly making it to the spine. Never seen that before, but am new to the 45 caliber. Great morning and am loading up to find a buck this afternoon! Wanted to share with you guys. :wink:

Skychief said:
I took my second whitetail with my flintlock at 9:30 this morning. It was 11 degrees and sub zero wind chills here in Indiana.

I love it...You are SO HOOKED ON FLINTLOCKS now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumbsup:

"Keep reloading -here comes some more!"

Congrats-of course we need pic's!

Get back out there-before they all turn to icicles!

Would love to see the recovered 45 cal round ball.

Enjoy the back straps....Dan

Thanks fellers! Still buck-less but had a great time hunting this afternoon. With these temperatures and it being our muzzleloader season, I pretty much feel like the only hunter in the county! I didn't hear another shot all day. Seems alot like bow season....and I approve.

Latest posts

Back