• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

$30 For Remington #10s The New Normal?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walkabout

40 Cal
Reaction score
Remington #10 percussion caps are available on GB for about $30 a tin with hazmat and tax. Is this gouging or just the way it is now? Not a cheap hobby anymore. Thanks

Not really normal. But if you want just a tin or a couple it's the place. They are cheaper on other places online but they have a minimum plus shipping and hazmat.

That’s the price for idiots.

Well, you might consider that not everyone is in the same situation. Haz to Alaska is something like $300, if you can find someone that even does it.

So, my local dealer had RWS caps and they were 20 Cents a piece. Yea that sucks. So does trying to make your own caps. Time consuming and a nasty failure rate.

So wonderful for you if you can get caps at all and at a good price. Its enough to drive some to unmentionable cylinders and trying mag spark!

It seems at least since Covid that instead of the long standing American custom of calling out scalpers, many people seem to be in a race to pay the absolute highest prices they possibly can for an item if it just means they can have it and another guy can't.

Basic sundries for so many shooting hobbies are now nearly status symbols. Caps have gotten to the point I've transitioned mainly to flint excepet for my revolvers, which don't see much range use.

Well, you might consider that not everyone is in the same situation. Haz to Alaska is something like $300, if you can find someone that even does it.

So, my local dealer had RWS caps and they were 20 Cents a piece. Yea that sucks. So does trying to make your own caps. Time consuming and a nasty failure rate.

So wonderful for you if you can get caps at all and at a good price. Its enough to drive some to unmentionable cylinders and trying mag spark!
Nothing wrong with Mag Spark , had them on 4 different side locks and a H+A underhammer ! Hot spark and sealed ignition (water proof) with taped muzzle and what could be bad having more choices ? / Ed

That's crazy, I feed my 9mm handguns for less than 30 cents a pop. Sadly if you have no caps but need them you have to pay their price. Last weekend at a local show I saw a guy with about 15 tins of Remington #11 he couldn't sell at $10 each. Guess it just depends are where you are. I didn't need any and passed on them, guess I don't have the scalper/hoarder gene.

That's crazy, I feed my 9mm handguns for less than 30 cents a pop. Sadly if you have no caps but need them you have to pay their price. Last weekend at a local show I saw a guy with about 15 tins of Remington #11 he couldn't sell at $10 each. Guess it just depends are where you are. I didn't need any and passed on them, guess I don't have the scalper/hoarder gene.
I buy the 250 rd. 9mm Packs at Academy for as low as .22 a round when they put them on sale several times during the year. They are Monarch 115 FMJ brass cases. All my 9s love that ammo.

Unfortunately none of the Walmarts in my area carry caps but Academy and Bass Pro have several times during the year running about $13 a tin, no shipping or hazmat if ordered and sent to the store for you to pick up. A BP shop we have sell them for $28 a tin 🤬 I like to support local businesses but not at that greedy price.

Remington #10 percussion caps are available on GB for about $30 a tin with hazmat and tax. Is this gouging or just the way it is now? Not a cheap hobby anymore. Thanks
I just found CCI #11 caps at Walmart a couple weeks ago for $5.62 per tin of 100 caps. I bought five tins out of the nine they had. I thought about buying them all, but didn't want to be too greedy.

Last edited:
I just found CCI #11 caps at Walmart a couple weeks ago for $5 & change per tin of 100 caps. I bought five tins out of the nine they had. I thought about buying them all, but didn't want to be too greedy.
Greedy? You were lucky to find the elusive Walmart caps at the right price. I would have snapped all of them in a second. First come first serve. Not greedy but practical.

Latest posts

Back