• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32-.36 cal.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbowling

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can purchase a new or used .32-.36 cal. sidelock for squirrel hunting, cant afford custom built. Thanks, Dean

Ive been looking at one myself except in a flint. For per look at traditions their crocket is nice looking and you can try cabelas. But lately ive notice searching cabelas has been difficult. Seems their site is having problems or they are getting rid of alot of their traditional rifles. Also take a look in the links up top of the forum. Some of those are and others are expensive. Try TOTW and Dixie gun works.

Midsouth Shooters Supply carries the Traditions Crockett rifle. It is a .32 cal. and is a nice little rifle, and very accurate.

Traditons crockett for sale on[url] gunbroker.com[/url] right now.

New in box pictures show it has not even been opened. He is asking $25.00 - $45.00 below list of most places.

BTW I have no affilitation with this rifle. I only have a saved search when crocketts come up on this site. However, I have bought too many toys recently to buy this one.

:peace:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought a .32 crockett from Midsouth last month. They were the most reasonable I could find. $266.31 total.

Tradidions also makes, or did make, their Deerhunter in .32.

It is their bottom dollar gun, much like the CVA Bobcat. Rough gun but servicable and has turned out a good shooter.

Usually runs $100-$150.

I spent a day on "improvements" and no one recognizes it now.

I've found several places to buy them on the web, trouble is I want to fondle them before I chose. :applause:

I have the Traditions 36, and "rough but serviceable" is a pretty good description. Even so, it is still a hoot to shoot and accurate as the dickens. Shoots "minute of rabbit head" out to around 50 yards with 25 grains of FFF all day long. I had always heard that the small bores need frequent swabbing to keep loading easy, but I can go 20 shots without swabbing, and it still loads as easy as the first shot. The trigger is a little rough, but you will grow fond in a hurry once you start shooting it.

I've looked hard at the Crocket on line, but would like to fondle one too before buying. It would be a step up I think, but cost more at the same time. The only thing that has stopped me is the impulse to spend even more for a higher grade, probably in 36 rather than 32- mostly because I already have a 36 cal mould.

Clear Creek Trading Company 816-628-3600
They have a good varity of small bore rifles at a good price.

Just ordered a .36 Hopkins and Allen underhammer from Bluegrouse blackpowder today, 260.00 shipped to my door w/2# of maxi-balls. Should get it in about 3 weeks...Dean

I got a Traditons crockett for xmas. Been out twice squirrel hunting 6 squirrl's for 7 shots. It is one of the sweetest guns I have ever owned.
Tom Cheek

Back