• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32 and turkey

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snubnose57

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone think a .32 is enough for turkeys, given a moderate range?
Rifles are legal here in Texas.

Sorry, dhould give more info.
I have a T/C Cherokee, and it sure is lighter than my modern 12 guage. I am posting here instead of the hunting section , but please feel free to move this post if appropriate.

I have never hunted turkey with one, but I certainly think it would be enough out to 50 yards or so. I would love to hunt them with my .32, gonna have to check my local regulations and shoot for a fall hunt. Sure would make for a nice clean kill with minimal damage.

I think a .32 would be dandy for turkey but check your regs. Here in Oklahoma, minimum caliber for a ML rifle during the fall turkey season is .36. Spring is shotgun only.

Snubnose,
I agree that it should be enough, but please make sure you check regs because if I remember right, Spring Turkey here in TX is shotgun only, but rifles are allowed in the fall. I haven't looked to make sure in a while though, so could be wrong.

Thanks for the heads up.
I just checked, and Eastern turkey is shotgun only in the spring.I will be hunting Rios west of Fort Worth.

Are you hungry? :shocked2: ..here goes...Buy a 20 lb bird.thaw.. stuff with stuffing and fire away at different yardages..sure would take the guess work out.
Would love to hear of your results.
Might be able to find a out dated bird at the store cheap.
Share the pic's.
Just saying!

Glad that works out for you then. I'm down in Waco and was told not to use any rifles as Spring season is shotgun only. I guess I must be in the Eastern Turkey area. Would love to use a rifle though. I hope you get one with your rifle and let us know how the hunt goes. :thumbsup:

Back