• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32 Kentucky rifle and water jug test

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David LaPell

32 Cal
Reaction score
I did a test was with the Pedersoli Kentucky Rifle using 1 gallon water jugs. four of them lined up, again, same load as before, 25 grains of FFFG Schutzen, and a .010" patch. The .311" roundballs I used were cast from .570" Hornady balls I recycled and melted down. The jugs were shot from about 7 yards away, the .311" ball went through the first three jugs, entered the fourth and bounced off the backside of the fourth creating a slight dimple. The roundball suffered no deformation at all.

The four water jugs right as the .311" ball hits the first jug.

roundballwatertest1.jpg

roundballwatertest2.jpg

The dimple in the back of the fourth jug.

roundballwatertest6.jpg

The .311" ball after the water jug test.

roundballwatertest3.JPG

roundballwatertest4.JPG

roundballwatertest5.JPG

What's interesting is that there are no indentations or marks showing that the patch was in contact with the ball.

Latest posts

Back