• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

32cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one shot 52

32 Cal.
Reaction score
just picked up a 32 pedersoli frontier rifle anyone ever shoot one any suggestions on bulllet and powder loads THANKS

Yes one of the men in our club has one he uses a .211 round ball pillow ticking and 25gr of fff goex with spit patch it shoots dead on you will like it they are a kick to shoot. I have two .32s a tenn. and a bedford one flint the other cap lock and they are fun to shoot and hut with.
Ephraim

Yes I did sorry old eyes shaky hands and out of moonshine.(I ment bore cleaner) .311 is the ball size. :redface:
Ephraim

I have a GM 32 cal barrel for a TC hawken. My favorite load is a .311 RB with .015" pillow ticking and 35 grains of schutzen fffg. I have used bore butter for lube since the barrel was new and the combination is very accurate.

I have a .32 with a 36" barrel. A Nice cheap gun to shoot. I use a .311 ball with a .024 denim patch over 20 grains of 3F.

I have a .32 Douglas barrel. It likes 30 grs. of Goex FFF, a .311 ball and .18" patching. The .32's are much underrated. They are lots of fun and are really accurate. I find that the .32 is no more "finicky" than the usual big bores.

Ditto. I can shoot my 42" .32 Green Mountain barrel pretty much all day long without swabbing if I use a spit patch or some other water based solvent. When hunting and useing a grease lube i have to swab about every 4-5 shots depending upon how high or low the humidity is.

I see that Douglas Barrels is no longer making muzzleloading barrels. I cannot recall from memory what the exact twist is but I believe it to be about 1:66". It is a round ball barrel only, but hey, what else is there?

I also have a .32 cal Pedersoli frontier, is my first muzzleloader. Wanted something to hunt squirrels with. Has been great for that lots of fun, very accurate. Been using a .310 ball, .15 patch, 15 grains of powder works great for squirrels. Only change I made was to replace the nipple it came with. I was getting some misfires, so I switched to a nipple with a wider opening, a CVA 'Ol Reliable, has fixed the problem. Enjoy your rifle, you'll have lots of fun with it.

hello , I,m new to the forum , but I been shooting muzzle loaders for years and I have a traditions deer hunter in 32 cal , 24 inch barrel , 1-48 twist , I use 20 grains of fffg and .015 lubed patch , 310 ball. I get quarter size groups at 30 yards , she's a tack driver.

Hello; I have a GM drop in for My T/C Renegade. I shoot 30 grains of FFFg goex and a 311 roundball with a 15 thousants lubed patch. It shoots very well off the bench , less that an inch group at 25 yards for 5 shots. The only trouble is with a 1 inch barrel and 32 cal. I'M not hardley enough Mountain Man to pack it thru the squirrel woods all day. I been thinking of buying a spoted mule to tote it for Me. I hope Your barrel has a bit less steel in it.:rotf:

Back when I was considering a Green Mountain barrel in 32 cal, the weight was what sent me looking in a different direction. It took a while but now I have a Cherokee in 32 and a Seneca in 36 both are light enough to carry all day and shoot real well.

ADC Trapper said:
Hello; I have a GM drop in for My T/C Renegade. ...... I been thinking of buying a spoted mule to tote it for Me. I hope Your barrel has a bit less steel in it.:rotf:
Good to hear! I just got an email from GM stating that the barrel had been discontinued and there were none in stock....I wouldn't want to have to change my screen name, or buy a spotted mule!

Back