• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE 4 Bore 1859 Reilly Single Barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Williams

32 Cal
Reaction score
If anybody has been looking for something like this, there single-barrel 4 bore percussion gun for sale in UK on Gunstar:
E.M. Reilly & Co fowling piece 4 Bore/gauge Muzzleloader- Gunstar

The gentleman selling it says it has no serial number and "E.M. Reilly & Co." on the hammers. There is not a lot of detail in the ad but he is responsive to messages.

"E.M. Reilly & Co.," began to be used post April 1859. With no SN it was probably made in Birmingham and thus Reilly engraved and retailed it. The price is £800. No certificate needed. 12 lbs plus....41" barrel - which has been cold-blued. Sell says it is so heavy it's hard to carry, maybe a punt gun?

Richard, the owner further commented that the stock will need work...it'd be a project gun but it is a 4 bore. Can be Fedex'ed to the USA...no certificate needed in UK.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    344 KB · Views: 186
  • 3.png
    3.png
    944.4 KB · Views: 169
Forgot to mention this is a wildfowler (shotgun). No chokes of course since choke boring didn't come in seriously until 1875 with Greener's work....but with a 4 bore who needs a choke. I'd make an offer but am currently full-up in workshop and at home (Spouse nix).

See other posts about the nightmares that may occur shipping those evil guns from the U K to the United States….

Sam is correct. Importing even ancient relic firearms with hardly any use left in them from Britain can be a minefield. To avoid this minefield, and all of the highway robbers set up along it ready to pick your pocket, arrange your shipping with the seller from the very beginning. Make sure you know each leg of the journey and who will be in the chain of custody, and what charges they will levy against you. Get it all in writing, use only licensed professionals, not someone’s brother who just happens to be going to the airport that same day. Right now a harmless antique single barrel shotgun is on its way to me from a British auction house. I paid dearly to have them arrange the entire shipment to my door. The alternative is what I experienced the first time I brought a British shotgun here: some guy calls me and says he’s holding it until I pay an extra $800… no idea where he came from, how the gun got to him etc It’s illegal but they all do it given a chance. So go through clearly marked channels and your experience should be level sailing

Back