• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

4 bores I just built

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbyman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I just built a couple of simple 4 bores, a single and a double barrel, and I can't figure out how to put pictures on this site. Is there anyone I could email the pictures to , then they could upload them to this site? thanks

I sent you an E-Mail explaining what you can do to post your pictures. It's easy and works well.
After joining Photobucket you can post as many pictures as you want with no problem.

I agree Photo bucket is what I use and it is a snap to post pics on the forums using it. Best of all it works good and is FREE! :RO:Jim

000_0567.jpg

Neat, Looks like you and I both built something unconventional lately. How does the actions work on these and what did you use for barrels? Jim

The single rifle barrel is 1/4" wall seamless tubing. The double rifle is 3/16" wall seamless tubing. Both are smoothbore.I proofed the single with 500 grains of 777 and a 2500 grain bullet. The double with 400 gr. of 777 and a 2500 grain bullet. The single weighs 14 lbs. and the double 23 lbs. I shoot them with 200 to 250 grain charges and round balls.
000_0563.jpg

WHAT do you shoot with these four bores? Giant Fish?
Do you shoot both barrels at once with the double?

These are Great! :front:

Where did you get the tubing?

Tommy

A small steel shop about 15 miles away,he uses it for repairing bushings in semi trailers.

The recoil is not bad in the double a little worse in the single. You pull the hammer back with your thumb and release it, it works good.

Interesting.......not exactly english in style....must be the Illinois school of large bored gun. :peace:
I've got to ask, what purpose did you have in mind when you built these?
Here's the only four bore I built....It's not all that usefull in today's world. :shake:
wall_gun_1.jpg
[/img]

Interesting.......not exactly english in style....must be the Illinois school of large bored gun. :peace:

Hi Mike

As you're obviously in a good mood, what do you reckon to this Lewis and Clarke reproduction airgun I just made? :thumbsup:

Squire Robin

sidgun.jpg

Hi Mike

As you're obviously in a good mood, what do you reckon to this Lewis and Clarke reproduction airgun I just made? :thumbsup:

Squire Robin

sidgun.jpg

Hang a lantern on and you're good to go!

Now Robin, you know I'm ALWAYS in a good mood. :crackup:
Your air rifle looks more english than american..... :shake: American airguns of that model use silver duct tape. :blah:

What do you use for patches; a wash cloth? That thing is
HU--------GE! :: Ronnie......

Mike,

I have always wanted a 4 bore and I knew this was the only way I could afford one. I have read about them in my African hunting books from the 1800's. Your 4 bore looks great, how much time do you have in a gun like that ?

Mike,

I have always wanted a 4 bore and I knew this was the only way I could afford one. I have read about them in my African hunting books from the 1800's. Your 4 bore looks great, how much time do you have in a gun like that ?
I built it some time ago, but I'm guessing probably around 60 hours. Ben Coogle Made the barrel. 2" at the breech and 60" long. All the rest of the parts are from the rifle shoppe. I stocked it from a blank. The gun weighs 38lbs.
wall_gun_5.jpg
[/img]
wall_gun_4.jpg
[/img]
wall_gun_3.jpg
[/img]
wall_gun_2.jpg
[/img]

Back