• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD - Pending funds .45 Cal Percussion Longrifle by R. Southgate

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbwilliams3

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Percussion longrifle by the late Royland Southgate. Handy, 38” barreled percussion rifle with curly maple stock, incised carving and brass cutouts and patchbox, minor handling marks from normal use. Barrel signed “R. Southgate” on top flat and on the lock face. Near the breech, there is a small serial number of “865.”

Caliber: .45

Barrel: 38” by R. Southgate. Bore looks good.

14.5” LOP, 55” overall. I normally like a 13” lOP, but the crescent-shaped buttplate shoulders naturally on the upper arm and doesn’t feel too long for me.

Single trigger

Lock: R. Southgate percussion

Asking $750 shipped, or best offer
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Last edited:
Percussion longrifle by the late Royland Southgate. Handy, 38” barreled percussion rifle with curly maple stock, incised carving and brass cutouts and patchbox, minor handling marks from normal use. Barrel signed “R. Southgate” on top flat and on the lock face. Near the breech, there is a small serial number of “865.”

14.5” LOP, 55” overall. I normally like a 13” lOP, but the crescent-shaped buttplate shoulders naturally on the upper arm and doesn’t feel too long for me.

Single trigger

Asking $750 shipped, or best offerView attachment 344791View attachment 344792View attachment 344793View attachment 344794View attachment 344795
Royland Southgate , now there's a name I haven't heard from in a while. Wonderful Rifle !!! This will make somebody very happy!

Single trigger

Asking $750 shipped, or best offerView attachment 344791View attachment 344792View attachment 344793View attachment 344794View attachment 344795
if this was real... this was the deal of the decade.. somebody got super lucky to get this rifle for that price gee whizzzzzzzzzz

Latest posts

Back