• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

45 cal. Percussion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northernflinter

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a 45 cal Euroarms I bought about 40 years ago, have shot a few deer, the largest , a 10pt on my Grandpas farm, and a couple from 100yds. Now my Son hunts with it. Also ave a 45cal pistol kit to match it. :wink:

Sounds like you got yourself a good deer-getter to passdown there. I recently picked up a TC Cherokee in .45 for my wife & kids.

I have a TC Hawken flintlock in 45 and we used it last deer season but pasted on a couple does. There is always next year. Hope you like yours are much as we like this one.

My .45 is a TC Renegade with a Green Mountain "long range hunter" barrel.

That 21" x 1" barrel is a "tad" heavy. But man, does it shoot! Killed two does with it last season with a load we can't discuss here.

I had a hopkins&allen .45 underhammer about 25 years ago when I was in Kodiak, Ak. It was a great shooting rifle!

Back