• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.45 Cherokee rear sights?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So me and my buddy went to the range armed with 6 muzzle loaders, we both brought our .45 Cherokees. We both broke the adjustment screw on top of the sight within 5 minutes of each other. Haven't yet found any used sights. I was wondering if anybody knows of another sight with the mounting screw holes
9/16ths apart that might work as a replacement.
Thanks

If you both broke the screws it is a sign of JUNK Rifles. Just send them to me to be properly scraped out. :idunno:

Seriously, what you would probably want would be a method of mounting a fixed sight to your rifles. Along the lines of a mounting plate that would hold any dovetailed rear sight. Here ( I hope) is an example of what I make for some hawkin rifles.
004-1.jpg

Yea, I got the picture to post. The mounting plate uses the origional holes and mounting screws. And is cut for a 3/8 dovetail.

I think I have an original rear sight for a T/C Senaca. Can you post a pic of your sight? -------------- GeezerD

Latest posts

Back