• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

45 Kibler in walnut

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is a 45 Kibler in walnut i done recently. i built it for my wife but it is a bit long for her. i may sell it, i have a man asking about it and i have sent some photos to him. this gun isbetter than the photos. if i do sell i am thinking on cutting a Kibler down for her. i know people will cringe at the thought but i think it can be done fairly easy.
I built a Kibler .45 in walnut too and also thought about cutting it down a bit. Right now I’m not because I made peace with the long length but it’s always in the back of my mind.

I been doing this for a long time , that being , If a walnut stock shows any lighter graining stripes , the stripes get enhanced. That's simply accomplished by going over the entire stock with orange/yellow alcohol stain. 50 yrs. ago , I got looking at the most beautiful butt stock from a British #3 MK 1 Enfield rifle. Was probably a piece of English walnut light in color , w/ yellow and orange highlights. Soooo.......Next walnut gunstock I built , instead of using a traditional walnut color stain to kill any light coloration , I went with orange/yellow , and finished the rifle as normal. OOOOHHH my......It was a stroke of luck to discover the trick. Been doing it ever sense. Try it , if you don't like the effect , an application of regular walnut stain will kill the orange.......oldwood

I been doing this for a long time , that being , If a walnut stock shows any lighter graining stripes , the stripes get enhanced. That's simply accomplished by going over the entire stock with orange/yellow alcohol stain. 50 yrs. ago , I got looking at the most beautiful butt stock from a British #3 MK 1 Enfield rifle. Was probably a piece of English walnut light in color , w/ yellow and orange highlights. Soooo.......Next walnut gunstock I built , instead of using a traditional walnut color stain to kill any light coloration , I went with orange/yellow , and finished the rifle as normal. OOOOHHH my......It was a stroke of luck to discover the trick. Been doing it ever sense. Try it , if you don't like the effect , an application of regular walnut stain will kill the orange.......oldwood
oldwood i have one i have a no1 mk3 i just restored installing a brand-new barrel and new wood. i rescued it from a plastic stock and a pawn shop. thanks for the tip,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
After yesterday’s shooting, which is the first time I put that many balls down range in one session, I’m keeping her as is. I just need to figure out why so many misfires. I’ll play with powder in pan, including backing it away from being right to the hole. I’m sure it’s me and NOT this wonderful rifle.

After yesterday’s shooting, which is the first time I put that many balls down range in one session, I’m keeping her as is. I just need to figure out why so many misfires. I’ll play with powder in pan, including backing it away from being right to the hole. I’m sure it’s me and NOT this wonderful rifle.
i have found these Kibler SMR likes a full pan of powder,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back