• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

45 will do it

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

410-er

50 Cal.
Reaction score
This spring I picked up a TC Seneca in a 45.It grouped well with 50grs of FFFg,.015 green pillow,and a .445 RB.Really wanted to use it for deer but was concerned.Last nite saw a doe at 150yds working toward the alfalfa field I was watching.Stop,eat,stop,eat for 20 minutes.Finally she hit what I thought was 50yds.Leaned against the tree I was under,pulled the set trigger and touched the front.The 50 grs of FFFg doesn't put out that much smoke but she vanished!Didn't see her run nowhere.When I stood up I could see her laying in the alfalfa.She still was moving so I blead her out.When I butchered her,the RB had a complete pass thru.Was hoping to recover the ball because I poured it.Weight was a little over 100lbs.
Round balls work if you hit them in the vitals.Got one also the beginning of the week with the 58 TC Big Boar but it wasn't as sweet as that little Seneca.

Proof's in the pudding, as they say. Light on the shoulder, light on the wallet, but still hard on the target. :thumbsup:

Waidmanns Heil from Germany for that clean kill. :thumbsup:
I think if a deer dies in its tracks or runs after hitting has much to do with stress. When they have no stress they normally die at once when hitten in the vitals. But when they have stress or on the move then they run anyway.
My expirience!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Cell phone photo.Better than nothing.
2978870129_2a5ab0af68_m.jpg

Back