• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

5 more seconds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billhuntz

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I was out in the woods today with the Haines I built last year. Haven't really had the time to hunt with it just a couple of times in a tree stand. I decided to still hunt today. I crested a small hill and saw a flash of white about 40 yards to my left. I focussed and saw 2 does in a small opening but couldn't get a shot. Using a big double trunked oak I snuck about 10 yards closer. As I was leaning around the trunk and taking aim......the third deer.....the one I didn't see busted me!!

I was 5 seconds or less from christening my rifle, oh well next time!!!

Isn't that the way it goes? That's fun to sneak up that close though :thumbsup: Christening will come sooner or later... Good luck!

Back