• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

50 Cal CVA Mountain Stalker Range session

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had an opportunity to go back to the range with my 50 Cal CVA muzzleloader and work up a hunting load with it today. As some of you may remember I was having troubles with misfires and accuracy issues with this rifle in the spring.

Based on your suggestions I switched to goex ffg and was shooting a .490 prb and a .015pre lubed patch and shot the following groups at 25 yards with 80g, 85g, and 90g cleaning with a spit patch between shots. POA was 6 O clock.

CVAMuzzleLoaderShotGroup001.jpg

This is the target that I was adjusing the sights on. The 5 labeled shots were the last 5 after taking a little off of the top of the front sight and bending it to the right a little.

CVAMuzzleLoaderShotGroup002.jpg

The factory buckhorn sights leave a lot to be desired but it will do for this season. Any suggestions are always welcome and I would also like some suggestions on what I could use for a good set of replacment sights..
Thanks again for all of your help.

Bob

Most any dove tail mounted front blade and rear flat top sights and a file will work

Back