• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD 50 Cal. Flintlock, Long rifle - Green Mt. L&R

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WVAED

40 Cal.
Reaction score
For sale is a rifle that I built. I am certainly a hobbyist and not a professional. This is the second rifle that I have built. It shoots good and is a solid rifle. 42 inch Green Mt. 50 caliber 1 in 48" twist barrel. The Lock is L&R classic lock, sparks great. Single trigger, brass mounted. Only been shot less than 50 rounds through the barrel. The bore is like new. The only issues with the rifle are ones you would expect from a novice builder. Here goes, The front lock bolt is partially in the ramrod channel. To "fix" the issue, I shaved part of the ram rod thickness and filed a belly in the front lock bolt. This is a common "fix" as I even read about it in Gunsmith of Grenville Co. The Mortises for the front sight doesn't look the best. I used a punch to make sure it was good and tight. It is fine, but thought I would point it out. Notice pictures. The inletting on the rifle is pretty good. Lock looks good, butt plate is insetted nicely. The stock has some figure to it as can be seen in the pictures. All in all this would be a great starter rifle for someone who wanted to go up from a TC or Lyman toward a custom rifle. I will answer any question honestly and will take more pictures if anyone is interested. I will post as many pictures as I can on the post. I am asking $800 shipped. USPS money order would be best way to pay. That is perhaps a little more than the parts it took to build. I am working on another project and need the funds.
upload_2019-2-25_17-15-35.jpeg

upload_2019-2-25_17-15-52.jpeg

upload_2019-2-25_17-16-29.jpeg

upload_2019-2-25_17-16-48.jpeg

upload_2019-2-25_17-17-0.jpeg

upload_2019-2-25_17-17-13.jpeg

upload_2019-2-25_17-17-55.jpeg

upload_2019-2-25_17-19-7.jpeg

upload_2019-2-25_17-19-43.jpeg

upload_2019-2-25_17-20-26.jpeg

No longer available. Worked out a local trade. Thanks. Please mark as sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back