• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.50cal Dickert sends a Doe to a needy family...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Just as the wind was laying back near dusk, a Doe stepped out of a trail from the overgrown clear-cut at 40-50yds, the .50cal Dickert fired off like a .30-30 and I had her delivered in less than an hour.

Have had very few sightings this year compared to past seasons but the good news is I was able to close the deal on some that I did see.

November is almost gone now....not sure I’m going to spend any more time working on the last Doe tag...or at least not right now...itching to try and bag a squirrel with the new .40cal Late Lancaster.

:thumbsup: You've been having another pretty good year.

Do they allow pistol hunting there? I just had a thought that you could take the .40 for squirrels and tote a big pistol for in case a doe came along at close range.
:haha: Now you gotta buy another gun!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jethro224 said:
Do they allow pistol hunting there?
Nope, no blackpowder pistols allowed for deer.
But if the weather is going to be clear and dry and I'm not going to be still hunting...a loaded deer rifle laying beside me isn't out of he question...have done that a couple time in years past, LOL

umm...after early bow....and 5 days of gun season...I'm startin to feel needy myself!!
:hatsoff: Attaboy Roundball! grats!

I'm lucky to have a good place to hunt...a clear cut devastates a hunting area the first year or so its done...but these past few years it has become a deer magnet with all the new low food and dense sanctuary it provides...too thick to actually hunt INSIDE it.
But find and set up on a few entry/exit trails around it and sooner or later there'll be some traffic...just have to be there when its taking place and I go a lot

Congrats again Roundball, that's gettin er done ! I'm sure the squirrels in your neck of the woods won't be glad to hear your coming for them now. :grin:

Well, they won't have to worry much THIS morning...I had everything ready and the alarm set at 5:00am for an early morning hunt...understood it was going to be down around 40 degrees.
Came downstairs and started coffee, glanced at the thermometer and it was 29 degrees...decided I didn't need to find a squirrel THAT bad...LOL.

Your weatherperson must be like mine :bull: :shake: I think when I retire from my real job I want to become a weatherman :hmm: It's the only job that I know of that you can be wrong 95% of the time and still keep your job. :haha:

Roundball, from one hunter to another, I tip my hat to you for your hunting efforts and success.

You do the riflegunne community proud!

I have to hunt for five or six years to do what you do in one with only one tag allotted per hunter in this state.

Really like the way you pose the animals with your guns in the pics that you take. Tastefully done and and excellent tribute to the sport of hunting and the game that is taken.

scobrien said:
I have to hunt for five or six years to do what you do in one with only one tag allotted per hunter in this state.
Yes, and I'm always quick to point out that's its nothing special about me, I just happen to live where there's a big deer herd, and am lucky to have such a great little place to hunt them.

Hat's off to the landowners who let me hunt there.
:hatsoff:

Always think highly of a humble man that does what most wish they could be doing. Keep doing just what your doing regardless. Proud to be in your circle.

Back