• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

50yd smoothbore shot.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Took a shot at a rabbit today, 50yds plus with just a 20grn charge of 4f!
One card, one wet leather wad, ball, card on top.

I aimed real high by raising the foresight high and struck the ground just in front of the rabbit which had its rear end towards me. The ball bounced into the rabbit via the testicles and stopped under the skin by its right shoulder!

Here are the photos.

The first rabbit was close and in good weather!

The second rabbit, the long shot was after a rain storm we had to shelter from but we still got a good soaking.

B :thumbsup:

Nice shooting Brits! Your rabbits sure look healthy and plump over there. Should be some good eating.

That Rabbit won't have the balz to do that again. :grin: Curious why the load of 4f?

Larry

Fine shootin :thumbsup: My mom used to fry up rabbits in the old faithful cast iron skillet just like you would fry chicken. Thinkin bout its made me hungry

Britsmoothy said:
It is my short range wabbit load. I have some in stock so found a use for it.
And you didn't blow yourself up? Amazing. :wink:

Good to see you post, been a while.

Spence

Congratulations Nate, well done! I had never heard of anyone "barking" a rabbit before, LOL. What caliber is your rifle, that uses a 20 grain load of 4Fg? Those are huge rabbits, as big as hares. Keep yer powder dry.......robin :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Deputy Dog said:
Congratulations Nate, well done! I had never heard of anyone "barking" a rabbit before, LOL. What caliber is your rifle, that uses a 20 grain load of 4Fg? Those are huge rabbits, as big as hares. Keep yer powder dry.......robin :wink:
How about "turfing" a rabbit ?
.45. The ball is a .440 Hornady.

B

Last edited by a moderator:
Kansas Jake hit the nail on the head. :shocked2: No more Easter eggs for anyone. :(

Larry

50 yards smooth round ball wow! Good shooting!
Love the pic with the hand full of rabbit chowder.
Good looking bunnies...Keep em coming!

Back