• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE .54 Caliber Tennessee Flintlock Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After a lot of geeing and hawing, I have decided to offer my personal flinter for sale. I built the rifle in 1976 and have thoroughly enjoyed owning and shooting it, but the time has come to give it up and put it in the hands of someone else. I have no heirs or close friends who are interested in muzzleloading, else I would leave it to them in my will. I have shot it in competition a fair amount (some of which was as a member of the Tennessee Flintlock Team,) hunted and killed a few deer with it, and shot it a lot just for the fun of it. It has never been shot with any load other than a patched round ball over 2F real black powder. and for that reason, I am confident in saying that it has a long life still in it for more of the same. I bought the stock from the late Freddie Harrison, and most of the hardware from the late Don Eads, both of whom were very helpful in offering suggestions as I was building the rifle. In fact, they both had a hand in its construction. Freddie did the modest amount of engraving on it, and Don lent a hand on the shaping. The barrel is a Douglas that is tapered and flared and the lock is an L and R Hawken. Here is the link to a video in which I tell you more about it: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaYx8YiP5GQvPNXddU38TvA The rifle section begins at 54 seconds in, and finishes at the 2:48 mark. I want $3,750 for the rifle, a stainless steel loading/cleaning rod, and all the accoutrements for shooting it that I have left. Depending on where you are, delivery might be possible. Thanks for reading this.

I will be glad to answer any questions you have about the rifle. Just ask them in this thread, please.

And if you want something nicer, I have another unfired flinter built and signed by Don Eads, but of course it's significantly more money.

ETA: To comply with forum rules, I have uploaded the bad pic just below. When I have time in a day or two, I will make some decent pics and upload them.

Attachments

• user date.jpg
    user date.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Just a head's up, looks like you linked to your channel rather than the video itself. Easy enough to find since it's the first video with a rifle in the thumbnail, but might as well make it easier ;) . Also, you'll need to post a photo of the rifle with a piece of paper with your username written on it in the same photo per the rules of the forum.

Beautiful rifle, though!

After a lot of geeing and hawing, I have decided to offer my personal flinter for sale. I built the rifle in 1976 and have thoroughly enjoyed owning and shooting it, but the time has come to give it up and put it in the hands of someone else. I have no heirs or close friends who are interested in muzzleloading, else I would leave it to them in my will. I have shot it in competition a fair amount (some of which was as a member of the Tennessee Flintlock Team,) hunted and killed a few deer with it, and shot it a lot just for the fun of it. It has never been shot with any load other than a patched round ball over 2F real black powder. and for that reason, I am confident in saying that it has a long life still in it for more of the same. I bought the stock from the late Freddie Harrison, and most of the hardware from the late Don Eads, both of whom were very helpful in offering suggestions as I was building the rifle. In fact, they both had a hand in its construction. Freddie did the modest amount of engraving on it, and Don lent a hand on the shaping. The barrel is a Douglas that is tapered and flared and the lock is an L and R Hawken. Here is the link to a video in which I tell you more about it: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaYx8YiP5GQvPNXddU38TvA The rifle section begins at 54 seconds in, and finishes at the 2:48 mark. I want $3,750 for the rifle, a stainless steel loading/cleaning rod, and all the accoutrements for shooting it that I have left. Depending on where you are, delivery might be possible. Thanks for reading this.

I will be glad to answer any questions you have about the rifle. Just ask them in this thread, please.

And if you want something nicer, I have another unfired flinter built and signed by Don Eads, but of course it's significantly more money.
Would love to see pics of the other flinter!

I will try to shoot some stills of both guns in a day or two. (I may have jury duty for all of next week.) The Don Eads rifle is typical of his style...13/16 barrel (Green Mountain, I think), .45 caliber, lots of engraved brass furniture including a beautiful patchbox, striped ramrod, very slim and trim.

Back