• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.54 GPR accuracy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beartrap

32 Cal.
Reaction score
yesterday i cleaned my bore with some super concentrated lead remover a friend gave me,unfortunately could not read the name, only takes 3 drops and 1 oz. will clean 80 guns and my 100 yard groups went from 12-18 inches to 2-3 inches. AMAZEING, i am very happy. 80 gr. FFG goex. 4-6 inches low. how often should a flintlock be cleaned like this?, and what are some STRONG cleaners as i dont believe HOT soapy water is the only necessary cleaner anymore, at least with my gun anyway. I did not even know my bore was dirty or fouled as my cleaning patches came out clean after 3-4 patches were used.

Are you shooting PRB, conicals or sabots?

Leading should only be a problem if you are shooting conicals, since lead never touches the bore with either of the other projectiles.

:thumbsup:

I shoot PRB .0018 pillow ticking patches .530 RB but about 2 years ago i shot a pile of buffalo ballets, kind of a half conical bullet with no patches required. i think that is what may have fouled up my bore but i have also blown out thousands of patches before finding a proper patch material, do you think that may have also been a factor?

Glad to hear that the rifle problem was fixed. I also shoot ballets, but I tend to use a bore brush and some Butch's Bore Shine and scrub the bore afterward just to make sure there is no lead build up.

If you look at the different solvents out there, they will tell what they are made to remove.

newhouse wash the pillow ticking first... then cut it in strips. You may find it to be .015" as is most common.

If you aren't using a lube on the lube ring of the conicals try T/C Bore Butter, you'll find your fowling almost non existant.

Back