• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.54cal (28ga) Early Virginia smoothbore got its first squirrel...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Have started squirrel hunting with it...and in places where there might be deer I'm able to dump the shot charge just before dark, put down a PRB, and take a seat in case a deer might wander through.

Set up 4 goals for myself this fall, and one was starting to take squirrels with the 28ga S/B...broke the ice on the squirrel goal at 4:00pm with a load of #5s...only one I saw and deer were no-shows.
Hope to get a few more this season...going again Friday mid-day just for squirrels...see if they’re more active from 9:00-1:00.

Love a versatile smoothbore !

:hatsoff: Congratulations!

I can't wait to take my first game with the 28.
It looks like 28 is getting more and more common.

When I was on the market for a flintlock I was pretty sure it should be a smoothbore. Then having shot a friends 28 and the comments here on the forum settled the matter. So far only clays, paper and steel but I'm really happy with the choice.

Good luck getting your deer.

Silex

Very versatile...it's taken doves and deer, now starting to add squirrels...hope to tag a long beard with it next spring.

09101228gaEarlyVirginiaDovedebut.jpg

11091154cal-28gaSmoothboreVirginia8PointerDarker.jpg

Dude, you're killin me! :bow: I want one of thoes so bad I can taste it. Maybe when I hit the powerball.......

Back