• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

6 for the 18ga

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a nice mess of squirrels you have there Friend. It's been along time since I was that fortunate. :hatsoff: And that is an impressive double gun as well. :thumbsup:

Looks like lunch, and dinner, and another lunch! Way to go.

What size shot were you using?

I have killed almost every game available in the USA and squirrel hunting remains the tops for me and the most I miss. GOOD DAYS WORK

sidelock said:
I have killed almost every game available in the USA and squirrel hunting remains the tops for me and the most I miss.
From extensive personal experience - the squirrels we have in MT are fine eating and a challenge to hunt. One does need to simmer/braise them for best results, but I've eaten them cooked over a fire as well (a little chewy). No limits and available year-round without a license...

Barrels are Belgium with "ELG" in circle.Stock has carving of stag head and also a plugged hole in stock where a sling stud would have been.Possibly German as they liked both.Fowl engraving on trigger guard.Both barrels hit right on POA.

410-er said:
Did you every try this way?Real fast and easy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c8OyexZ10E[/quote]

The way I use is even faster. I remove the head, feet and tail with a belt-axe, make a cross-wise slit in the skin about mid-back, grab the edges and remove the shirt and pants. Takes longer to type the description that to execute...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back