• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A brace today.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
At last seeing some birds!

This one ended up in a ditch, it is drip drying now!

This was a fast rising bird flying to my left, I followed through for once!

B :thumbsup:

Good shooting! Have eaten a whole lot of pheasants and if not cooked properly, the meat can be tough and dried out. Don't know if you savor the drumsticks? Those are the 2 parts of a pheasant that I don't eat....a whole lot of "toothpicks" and skimpy amount of meat.

Mainly breast meat which shouldn't be over cooked and is difficult to get right. My sister just makes chicken ala king which is composed of a soupy Chinese sauce and is served over rice....can't really taste the pheasant, but she doesn't like "wild game"......Fred

Good shooting! Love seeing the new hunting partner in the pics. Great looking dog. Let's see...we need an alias like we have for Tia. :hmm:

Lots of rain? A co-worker of mine from Scotland was even complaining about it at the start of a meeting earlier this week...and I'd imagine it takes a lot of rain to get someone from the UK to specifically mention it! :grin:

Nicely done, and your hunting companion sits so well for the picture, my ill behaved hounds won't sit and would be running in circles with the bird in mouth.

Nice job Brit. That's some good shooting, I struggle with the left to right crossing shot, especially in an open field. Put em up in the thick stuff and I own them, give me a "nice" wide open shot, I might as well not mount the gun. But then the dog gets really mad and starts catching them himself.

Spikebuck said:
Good shooting! Love seeing the new hunting partner in the pics. Great looking dog. Let's see...we need an alias like we have for Tia. :hmm:

Lots of rain? A co-worker of mine from Scotland was even complaining about it at the start of a meeting earlier this week...and I'd imagine it takes a lot of rain to get someone from the UK to specifically mention it! :grin:
I will leave the dogs alias to you guys but my wife class it rat dog!

Yes, lots of rain and more to come but today has been nice, pan stayed quite dry!

I will wrap the breast meat in streaky smoked bacon and roast.

B.

You have done well Nate, congratulations. Jess seems more interested in you than in the bird, lol. What breed of dog is she? Does she point and retrieve? Inquiring minds want to know......robin :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure but whippet and Bedlington terrier are there!
She is a rescue dog. Coming up to two years of age and never done any hunting, that is until I took her in!

Guns no longer scare her and rabbits now are fun where as when I first had her she ignored them!

She still needs to tune her eyes and ears more!

Great picture of the dogs by the fire.
And good shooting on those two birds. :thumbsup:

Back