• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A few of my knives

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laffingman67

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Here are a few of the knives I've put together.

The large scalper is a cut down French chef knife that I put a maple handle and a little leather wrap and turkey beard. The small patch knife with the crown was a damascus folding knife blade purchased from DGW a few years back. I welded a stick tang to it and poured a pewter bolster. The blade needs etched again. The other patch knife is an old table knife with a stick tang that I picked up at a sale, I reshaped the blade and put a new antler section.
100_0059.jpg

This one is my first forged blade. Made from a rototiller tyne. Elk handle with a pewter bolster. I did not make the sheath for it. It was made by a talented fellow from Youngstown named Jeff Neice. He does excellent leather and quill work. He tried to teach me quill work, but these fingers are just too big!
100_0062.jpg

Sorry about the poor pictures. I need to have my kids take the pics if I want good ones. :rotf:

Thank you all for your kind remarks.

Stumblin Wolf, I've seen your website, you have more than enough talent to create anything you want. I believe it's easier to make a knife than to make a horn. You do some fabulous leather, horn, and smithy work. Knives don't have to be pretty. Just look at mine! :rotf:

Two Bellys, Thank you very much. I have alot of respect for you and others in the knifecrafting field and look forward to your opinion be it good or bad.

Latest posts

Back