• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A full day.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been looking forward to this Saturday for ages. A Saturday when I could be out all day :grin:

So from dawn to dusk I hunted pheasant and rabbit with my dog. A dozen shots or so for three birds and one rabbit, not so good but so what, can't be a scatter gun god all the time :haha:

Missed a woodcock too.

Seen a fox and a kingfisher!

The rain moved in in the afternoon but got this snap before it happened!

SAM_0367.jpg

Brits.

Excellent, Brits, my kind of day.

Are you sure that much fun is legal there?

I look forward to your reports and photos.

Spence

George said:
Excellent, Brits, my kind of day.

Are you sure that much fun is legal there?

I look forward to your reports and photos.

Spence

Thankyou Sir, I look forward to your reports and snaps too.

No limits over here only what you can carry :hatsoff:

B.

:thumbsup:
That really sounds and looks like a wonderful day.

Silex

Very nice day!.... :grin:
How big of an area does the average hunter there get to hunt on?
Is it all private clubs?
Is there such a thing as a public hunting area?
Enjoy hearing how others afar hunt.
Thanks....dan

makeumsmoke said:
Very nice day!.... :grin:
How big of an area does the average hunter there get to hunt on?
Is it all private clubs?
Is there such a thing as a public hunting area?
Enjoy hearing how others afar hunt.
Thanks....dan

Yes well, phew! Area, I have no idea about average acrerage, I currently have permission to shoot on a couple thousand acres or so. Freely for no charge in return for controlling vermin.

There are shooting clubs and there are also shooting syndicates that rent land.

There are alot of huge private estates that employ a gamekeeper to lay pheasant and deer stalking etc. Being usefull to the gamekeeper is a good way to access good land on these estates.

In the photo the land I am on is for sale, I can only hope the new owner allows me to stay, been there for 19years! We will see!

Most farmers like someone about shooting fox and crows. Pigeon can hammer their crops too. Sometimes rabbit populations can explode all be it not as often as it once did!

Sometimes deer heards get out of hand!

Seems hunters come and go but rarely do you find someone like me that stays putt for years, most seem to just have a passing fancy and then return to drinking ale down the pub :idunno: Long may they stay in there :hatsoff:

Brits.

Back