• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

a great morning

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david50

45 Cal.
Reaction score
60 degreese,a slite breeze out of the north and lots of sunshine. you could not ask for a better day to be in the woods. i walked in about two hundred yards and sat down under a huge shagbark hickory,about ten minutes later the first grey came down a small tree about twenty yards out and sat at the base cuttin' on a nut giving me a perfect broadside shot. another ten minutes and here come another grey down the same tree,i put him down not three feet from his buddy. i gather these two up and decided to walk a bit,stopped by a small paw-paw tree and give it a good shakin' while i blew on the distress whistle. the big red squirrel ran out on a limb not ten feet above me,cussin' me for everything but a squirrel hunter,easy shot! the last grey had come in behind me in answer to the distress whistle while i was takin' care of the red,when i turned to get a look at him he took off like greased lightin' but he made the mistake of stopping in the top of a gnarly old headge tree with no leaves on it. he was hunkered down on a limb so i picked up piece of wood and threw it to the other side of the headge and sure enough he scampered on to my side of the tree and gave me an easy shot. man what a good morning,i just love squirrel huntin'!
100_0215.jpg

I was thinking tree rat and dressing..................watch yer top knot..................

Flintlock58 said:
Tell us about your rifle and load. Nice picture!

it is .32caliber with a 44" swamped Rice barrel,late Ketland lock and i am shooting a .310 ball over 25gr's of 3f

Macon Due said:
And.............your bag too!!! i'm liking the looks of it.
Macon
Macon Due,the bag is of my own making.it is a large 10 1/2" X 11" double bag made of heavy hemp linen with a deer hide flap. made a couple others also,one for my deer rifle and one for the fowler.
100_0120.jpg

100_0116.jpg

100_0108.jpg

Wow, great post, so much to take in. Looking forward to more as the seasons take hold. Thanks for sharing.

Some fine shootin you done.

Varmit if you get tired of shootin that smoke pole send it my way.

Back