• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A little out of season, but thought I'd share

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfarod

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm big into bear hunting and was getting excited going through pics and thought I'd share.. These were with my BP

Seeing your bear brings back great memories of a blackie I dropped in Lincoln National Forest, New Mexico back in 1973.

Tom

You did good, nice bear. We have them here and a good season, too. I'm still waiting to come across one during a deer hunt.

It's a whole different kind of rush getting a bear, the area I hunt is known for 500+ lbs bears.. Hopefully I come across one of those this year

Still waiting to get my first black bear here in PA...thinking of going to Maine for a Fall bear hunt with hounds...should have my .54 G.M. barrel up and running for the Fall hunts...congrats on your bear! :v

Believe it or not I have one just like him! I shot it with a bow though. What did you shoot yours with? If you are into bear, what is your opinion on the ideal medicine for them? .54/.58?

I've got a Traditions trade rifle in a .50 that I use, just use a good ol round ball and a good shot placement. The top bear only went about 20 yards after shot. I'm having a flint built for me right now, hoping its done by the opener

I used to camp quite a lot at Bonita Lake and back packed in the White Mountain Wildneress Area. Many great memories of the six years I lived in New Mexico. :thumbsup:

Tom

If I could talk my wife into it, I'd move back to New Mexico in a New York minute! I have to admit, the bear I got was with a 30-06 hand load rather than muzzle loader.

Tom

Im working on my first with a flinter, got plenty with 35 Whelen and 356 Winchester. Good job! Guys at camp think I'm nuts driving laurel with them and a flintlock.

Nice looking bears, I applied for my bear tag today, If I get chosen I plan on using my Tvlle I will know in July. Congrats again

Back