• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A little turkey story, in pictures...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Baron

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Opening day in Ontario was a good one for me and my Caywood .62 smoothie. Here's a brief story in pictures...

One of the three charging my full strut decoy... "Let's get 'im fellas!"
tom.jpg

"You want summa this, Pretty Boy!". "You first, no you first, no you first"
fight.jpg

whack, whack, whack!!

"Huh, you like that?! Want some more tuff guy?!"...
fight2.jpg

click.. pfffft... BOOM!

"ouch!" (looks like a wad, but all I use is o/s cards - I think it's a little piece of old corn stalk)
thend.jpg

THE END. :grin:
baron.jpg

Load was 80gr. 3f, 4 o/s cards, 1 1/8oz. #6's and 1 o/s to hold it all in. Shot was 12 yards and it did the job with authority! Bird was 22#, 8 3/4" beard and matching 7/8" spurs.

Thanks to my friend Dave for lending his professional talents with a camera. We got it on film too!

:haha: :applause: Great story and pics, congratulations and thanks.

:hatsoff:
Spot

Terrific photo story to have in the 'huntng memories file'...congratulations !!
:thumbsup:

Niice! I got a Tom making fun of me out in my field, first time I seen turkeys in two years. Looking at all these pic's make me wanna do something about it but not till next year.

Great day in the field. Great looking pictures, turkey and gun. :hatsoff:

Congrats! That was a great read and a great bird! :applause:

Our season FINALLY gets here this Saturday and I hope to duplicate that feat with my own .62cal smoothie.

Congrats! awesome! camera work.. would love to see the video!.12 yards? how did you keep from jumping out of your skin? Thanks for sharing!

Back