• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

a one squirrel morning

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david50

45 Cal.
Reaction score
well it cooled down enough to get out this morning.seen lots of squirrels but only had one good shot,still hard to see them with all the leaves on and they aint moving much,they sure are cuttin' the pecans and acorns though.supposed to be identical weather in the morning, so i think i'll try to get out again.
009.jpg

015.jpg

ata-boy David, :thumbsup: Going to cool of here in Illinois in the morning so going to give it a go. Good hunting Teton Ted

Good job, you had a successful hunt. Out of curiousity, when does your squirrel season come in? Ours doesn't come in until October.

Great way to spend a morning. :thumbsup:

I've been out twice this year. My buddy decided to try huntin' this year so I took him out to show him how it's done. I got him on 3, and 2 for me. We were taking turns. :thumbsup:

Early season when the leaves are still thick I like to sneak thru the woods and listen for the sound of a squirrel working a nut. Then I work my way in close to the noise and look until I see the squirrel.

Nice shot. I'm getting squirrel fever from all this talk of hunting!

Good shooting. I am about to bust to get into the woods. The SC deer and squirrel seasons are in for private lands but August is too God awful hot to hunt here. There is a sniff of Fall in the air though.

only brought back one again this morning,eventually i'll have enough for a skillet full.
005-1.jpg

That's a great picture. Hey, it only takes two to make a nice squirrel pie. :thumbsup:

Back