• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A Sheath for the Militia Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRB

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
A slightly different design than I normally do. Inspired by a pic of an original I saw sometime ago. The checkered surface of the leather is cut rather than creased, as with the bordering. It is lightly aged to look as if it has been used. I think it is a suitable design for such a knife, and seems to compliment it well. What say you?
pennyknife659_640x480.jpg

Wick,,, nice job, as expected...LOL...you do good work...what did you cut the cross hatch with?...i use a pocket knive and gently cut out a wedge,,,but when i do it, the crosshatch pattern is not so neat and even, mine look homemade, but made by someone who knew what they were doing....yours look to be almost perfect...like i told Swampy about his bags, i aspire to be half as good as y'all are...true craftsmen, the lot of you...Lee

That is a very nice knife. I like that look. To me that is a perfict knife and sheath. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I used the replaceable cutter from a stitch grooving tool, locked in a small pair of vise grips. The lines were penciled in, then cut free hand.

Wick Ellerbe said:
What say you?

I say what payment methods do you accept? It's an absolutely amazing knife...

I can see that coming in VERY handy, in many different ways, if the Infantry accepts my inter-service transfer (crosses fingers)! It would make a great addition to my gear.

Looks great. As a leathercrafter, I would love to see a picture of the backside. Your "aged look" is perfect!!

Back