• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A slow motion flintlock shooting a gong

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always say a properly tuned flintlock is faster than a cap gun.

Me too!

846C56D4-8DE7-4878-84B0-EEBE63A47CEC.jpeg

😎

Interesting article in June’s Muzzle Blast by the Bevel Brothers that proves otherwise. I still enjoy my Rock Locks way more than the cappers though!
Not only are flint guns slower at ignition but the same gun when converted to percussion will have higher muzzle velocity !The reason of course is cap guns seal powder burn better and ignite BP more efficiently.

Not only are flint guns slower at ignition but the same gun when converted to percussion will have higher muzzle velocity !The reason of course is cap guns seal powder burn better and ignite BP more efficiently.
Yes, so true about cap locks, but are they as much fun? Don't get me wrong, I love them both, just like that extra challenge to make flintlocks shoot as accurately as a cap lock.
Larry

Yes, so true about cap locks, but are they as much fun? Don't get me wrong, I love them both, just like that extra challenge to make flintlocks shoot as accurately as a cap lock.
Larry
I much prefer my flint guns for just plain fun as well ! 😄

Now you guys did it. Now you really did it. Y’all have me walking around picking up flint rocks. Even if it takes me a while to get a flintlock, I’m still interested in learning how to nap/make flints

Attachments

• IMG_2307.jpeg
    IMG_2307.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Yep, and Ford F-350 is faster than a Corvette too.😁
And by the way the planet is flat too course every thing you look at in the heavens is round or oval and are disks all oriented with their flat side to us ! ;)

Now you guys did it. Now you really did it. Y’all have me walking around picking up flint rocks. Even if it takes me a while to get a flintlock, I’m still interested in learning how to nap/make flints
Stock up on your flints now! They used to be about 35 cent each when I started. Now you need to get a loan to purchase.
Larry
PS we want to know when you take the leap to flintlock

Back